Polk Audio DB1212n Ported Enclosure with 12″ DB Series Subwoofer
- Enclosure: The DB1212 features a vented-enclosure covered in high-grade black carpet and features an ABS front-baffle and ABS grille.
- Construction: Polk uses 3/4-inch MDF with Internal bracing. The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact. A sheet of elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This tri-laminate sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that’s as tight as it is powerful.
- Shape: The enclosure’s back panel is angled, resulting in a greater depth at the bottom of the enclosure than at the top. The angled design allows the enclosure to fit nicely against the back of the angled rear seat in many cars. The front of the enclosure is slightly curved.
- Bass Reflex: The enclosure utilizes a side-firing slot-vent for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports.
- Grilles: Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grille protects the woofer from shifting cargo. Grille and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle’s interior color.
- Binding Posts: The spring terminal binding posts will accept bare wire up to 11 gauge, pin connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs. When using banana plugs they’re inserted into the same opening as bare wire. The DB1212 s wired for a 2-ohm load at the enclosure’s speaker terminals.
- 12″ Woofer: The DB1212 comes loaded with a single 12-inch, dual 4-ohm voice coil Polk Audio db subwoofers wired in parallel for a 2-ohm mono load the enclosure’s speaker terminals.
- Polypropylene Cone: The cone is made with polypropylene, which provides durability while being lightweight and rigid. The cone is supported by a vented cone/coil coupler, which stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Santoprene Surround: The Santoprene surround is resistant to extremes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- NOMEX Spider: The flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple-Vented Kapton Voice Coil Former: Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils. The voice coils are wired in parallel with each other, so the woofer presents a 2-ohm mono load at the enclosure’s speaker terminal.
- Woofer Size (inches): 12″
- Frequency Response: 26-200 Hz
- Power Range (Watts RMS): 360W
- Maximum Wattage: 720W
- Sensitivity: 100 dB
- Impedance: 2 ohms
- Woofer Material: Polypropylene
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Width (inches): 17-7/16″
- Height (inches): 14-15/16″
- Depth (inches): 18-15/16″
- Second Depth (inches): 15-9/16″
- Connector Type: Spring Posts
There are no reviews yet.